Sunday 9 February 2014

Extremely Well Fed!

Well, what can I say, knackered and at least a dress size bigger I think pretty much sums up our Saturday night!

We were invited to not one but 2, yes count them, 2, foody launches last night, and, quite frankly, it would have been rude not to.

We started our evening at the brilliant No 71 Coffee House & Bistro .  Well I have my own very selfish reasons to be very excited about this one...it's about a 2 minute walk from my house, has a brilliant coffee machine, even better food offerings and a wi-fi connection meaning my computer based "work from home" work life is going to be transformed!  It's fairly safe to say that a good whack of my on-line Faiy Heaven happenings will be happening from here from now on!






Last night was a wee limited taster menu of Chilli Nachos, Chilli Hot Dogs and Pulled Pork & Coleslaw rolls...so yummy!  Robbie makes the most amazing chilli and it was just as good as ever!
Also on a wee side note I think this place would be amazing for small parties - you know like the well behaved Hen Nights the mums and grannies come to, or 30th's, 40th's, engagements, divorces etc etc etc etc!  It's cosy perfection!

Our next stop was to meet the beautiful Amelie at Resonate in Alloa.  Amelie is the newest addition to the Allo Alloa family - one of my most favouritest families ever!  They are some of the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet, and Amelie would be a great addition to any of your functions...look, isn't she gorgeous...

She is quite possibly the loveliest little outside catering van ever, and she came all the way from Alloa's twin town in France (I love that, I think it's so cool!).  I will let the pictures of the launch info boards tell you the story as they can tell it so much better than I can...


 Now Allo Alloa has a tag line which is "Food With Thought" and how is this for food with thought...the menu for the evening was Ratatoille from Amelie's home town and Stovies from her new home...genius  (this pic even has the authenic food drips!)


A brilliant time was had by all and I can't wait to see Amelie out and about - I am tempted to have some sort of event just so she can come along and we can see her in action!  Watch for her around, give her a beep and a wave and make her smile!

In other news I don't think I have ever worn a dress that was so widely admired by young and not so young alike so I thought I would share.  It was from the fabulous Lady V London, my favourite dress website of the moment!  Great prices, gorgeous clothes and fantastic service, what more could a girl want? (except shoes of course, but I hope that goes without saying ;-) )
 

 
If only my waist looked as small!!!!!

Back to crafy news, I am in the process of uploading the £1 Bargain Buttons folder which you will find on my facebook page - it should be done by the end of today and here is sneak peak.  There's even a multi buy making them even more of a bargain!


Right that's me for today - I have some bunting to be made so I am away to be productive!

Have a fabulous day everyone!  'Til Soon, keep smiling

Ruth xx
fairy-heaven@hotmail.co.uk
www.facebook.com/fairyheaven

2 comments:

Lorna said...

That new cafe looks great, thanks for the recommendation! Will check it out next time I'm in town :)

Cheerful Madness!! said...

The van is known as 'Estafette Citroen' in France. They're vintage. This one seems in very good condition :)